Schnucks Cooks Cooking School, located on the mezzanine level of our Des Peres store,
offers a variety of cooking classes for every level of expertise. The classes include a wide range
of topics of interest to families, couples, kids, and check out our Learn at Lunch Classes. We have
created opportunities for food experiences that will ensure hours of fun and entertainment. Please browse
our schedule for the classes that whet your appetite or fire up your passion.
Interested in taking a class at our Cooking School? Click Here for our monthy agenda of available class offerings!
12332 Manchester Road
(Cooking School Manager)
Gay DeMichele learned to cook as a child of a large family, whose mother was an Italian Immigrant. While her professional training is in Interior Design, her life's passion is food. She owned a catering company, worked, taught cooking classes and managed Williams Sonoma at Plaza Frontenac, and was the developer/director of L'Ecole Culinaire, an accredited professional culinary school owned by Vatterott Education Centers, Inc. Gay's passions are for family, food, and visiting every nook and cranny of Italy.
Scott Drake became an apprentice chef at 16, and two years later, he set out to learn as much as he could. He took a job shucking oysters at Commanders Palace in New Orleans just before nationally known chef, Emeril, made it a destination for tourists. Drake went on to study at the National Cooking Institute in Denver and from there to the Tante Marie School of Cookery in Surrey, England.
While in Denver, he worked at LaPetite Gourmet, one of the country’s Top Ten gourmet food enterprises. In 1975, he enrolled at Loyola in New Orleans and later finished his studies at Maryville University in St. Louis.
Scott was Executive Chef of Schnucks Central Kitchen and has joined the Cooking School team as Chef Instructor. In addition to teaching at Schnucks Cooking School, Scott Drake has also taught cooking at Pampered Pantry, Kitchen Conservatory and at Forest Park Community College.
- 09/16/2015 [6pm] MEZZANINE WINE EVENT: FAR NIENTE AND NICKEL & NICKEL
- 09/11/2015 [6pm] Wine 101: Chardonnay & Sauvignon Blanc
- 09/23/2015 [6pm] Feast with Feast Magazine: Quick Pickle
- 09/25/2015 [6pm] Wine 101: Pinot Gris and Riesling
- 10/02/2015 [6pm] Wine 101: Pinot Noir & Cabernet Sauvignon
- 10/09/2015 [6pm] Wine 101: Merlot, Syrah/Shiraz & Petit Syrah
- 10/16/2015 [6pm] Wine 101: Malbec & Red Blend/Super Tuscan
- 10/21/2015 [6pm] Feast with Feast Magazine
- 10/30/2015 [6pm] Wine 101: Dessert Wine, Ice Wine, Port & Sauternes
- 09/17/2015 [6pm] A Chef and Dietitian Meet in the Kitchen: Heart Healthy Cooking for Two
- 10/08/2015 [6pm] Kräftig Oktoberfest with Billy Busch
* Classes are subject to all Schnucks Cooks Cooking School policies. If you have questions for the Schnucks Cooks Cooking School please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org