SchnucksCooks.com - Island Mango TrifleTotal Time: 30 minutes plus chilling • Serves: 12
- 1 cup Schnucks sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 package (3 to 3.4 ounces) coconut cream cook-and-serve or instant pudding and pie filling
- 2 cups vitamin D whole milk
- 1 can (20 ounces) Schnucks crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 jar (12 ounces) pineapple preserves
- 1/2 cup coconut-flavored rum or dark rum (or substitute pineapple juice)
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 angel food cake, cut into 16 slices
- 2 medium ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted and cut into 3/4-inch chunks (2 cups)
- 1 package (16 ounces) fresh strawberries, hulled and cut into thick slices
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread coconut in single layer in rimmed baking pan. Toast coconut in oven 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Cool in pan. Set aside 1/2 cup coconut to use later.
- Prepare pudding with milk as label directs; cool to room temperature if using cook-and-serve pudding. Drain pineapple well, reserving juice. In small bowl, stir preserves with rum (or 1/2 cup reserved pineapple juice) until well blended. In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat cream and sugar until soft peaks form; add pudding and beat until combined.
- In bottom of 3- to 4-quart glass trifle dish or bowl, place half of cake slices, packing slices close together and breaking as needed to fill any gaps to make a single layer. Spread 3/4 cup preserves mixture over cake, then top with crushed pineapple and half of pudding mixture, about 2-1/4 cups. Sprinkle 1/2 cup coconut over pudding. Repeat layering with remaining cake, preserves mixture, mangoes and pudding mixture. Top trifle with strawberries. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours or
Each serving: about 390 calories, 18 g total fat (12 g saturated), 45 mg cholesterol, 150 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein
Find Articles and Recipes
Become a Food Expert!
Where Food Meets Fun!
You're Such a Foodie!
Learn tips, tricks, and read articles directly from the SchnucksCooks team!
Browse our Recipes
Ideas, Recipes and more!
Check out the SchnucksCooks Magazine, now available online and in-stores!