SchnucksCooks.com - Shrimp Kabobs & Tropical Mango SalsaActive Time: 30 minutes • Total Time: 30 minutes plus marinating • Serves: 4
- 2 limes
- 1 medium jalapeño chile pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons Schnucks honey
- 2 tablespoons refrigerated basil pesto
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1-1/4 pounds raw peeled and deveined 21-25 count shrimp, thawed if necessary
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 English cucumber, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch-thick pieces (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 small red onion, diced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 8 (6-inch) bamboo skewers
- From limes, grate peel and squeeze juice into medium bowl; stir in jalapeño. Transfer 1-1/2 tablespoons lime mixture into small bowl. Stir in honey, pesto and ginger. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Cover and let stand at room temperature at least 15 minutes or up to 30 minutes to marinate. Meanwhile, to remaining lime mixture in medium bowl, stir in mango, cucumber, bell pepper, onion and salt, if desired.
- Thread 4 shrimp on each skewer. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat or preheat large grill pan over medium heat 2 minutes. Cook skewers 4 to 6 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque throughout and reach an internal temperature of 145°F, turning skewers once. (Skewers can also be baked in rimmed baking pan in 425°F oven 10 to 12 minutes, turning once.) Remove shrimp from skewers; top with salsa to serve.
Each serving: about 280 calories, 6 g total fat (1 g saturated), 275 mg cholesterol, 510 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein
Find Articles and Recipes
Become a Food Expert!
Where Food Meets Fun!
You're Such a Foodie!
Learn tips, tricks, and read articles directly from the SchnucksCooks team!
Browse our Recipes
Ideas, Recipes and more!
Check out the SchnucksCooks Magazine, now available online and in-stores!