SchnucksCooks.com - Chicken Lo MeinActive Time: 35 minutes • Total Time: 35 minutes • Serves: 4
- 1/2 pound thick spaghetti pasta
- 3/4 cup less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup roasted Asian sesame dressing
- 1/4 cup less-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Schnucks creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 teaspoons Schnucks canola oil, divided
- 1-1/4 pounds chicken breasts tenderloins, each cut crosswise into 4 pieces
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, cut in half and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup Schnucks party peanuts, chopped
- Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to boiling over high heat. Add spaghetti and cook as label directs. Drain spaghetti, then return to same saucepot.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, with whisk, stir together broth, dressing, soy sauce, peanut butter and red pepper flakes.
- In nonstick 12-inch skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and garlic and cook 4 to 5 minutes or just until chicken loses most of its pink color throughout, stirring constantly. Transfer chicken to bowl.
- In same skillet, add remaining 2 teaspoons oil, onion, bell pepper and 1/4 cup broth mixture. Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp, stirring constantly. Return chicken to skillet; add remaining broth mixture. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Cook just until chicken loses its pink color throughout and internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Add chicken mixture, cilantro and peanuts to spaghetti; toss until well combined.
Each serving: about 720 calories, 34 g total fat (5 g saturated), 80 mg cholesterol, 860 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 46 g protein
Find Articles and Recipes
Become a Food Expert!
Where Food Meets Fun!
You're Such a Foodie!
Learn tips, tricks, and read articles directly from the SchnucksCooks team!
Browse our Recipes
Ideas, Recipes and more!
Check out the SchnucksCooks Magazine, now available online and in-stores!