SchnucksCooks.com - Wild Mushroom Bread PuddingPrep: 25 minutes plus standing • Bake: 45 minutes • Serves: 6
- 2 tablespoons Schnucks unsalted butter
- 2 large shallots, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 ounces oyster mushrooms, ends trimmed and mushrooms torn lengthwise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 package (3.2 ounces) shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and mushroom caps sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed with press or minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 4 Schnucks large eggs
- 8 ounces Gruyère, Beemster Classic and/or Fontina cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups Schnucks vitamin D whole milk or half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 Schnucks mini loaf French bread, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add shallots and cook 3 minutes or until they begin to soften. Add mushrooms and cook 6 to 7 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add garlic, parsley and thyme and cook 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, with whisk, beat eggs. Stir in cheese, milk, salt and pepper. Add bread and mushroom mixture and toss until well combined. Transfer bread mixture to shallow glass or ceramic 13 x 9-inch or 2-1/2- to 3-quart baking dish. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until top is browned and puffed and knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
about 410 calories, 23 g total fat (12 g saturated), 205 mg cholesterol, 630 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein
Find Articles and Recipes
Become a Food Expert!
Where Food Meets Fun!
You're Such a Foodie!
Learn tips, tricks, and read articles directly from the SchnucksCooks team!
Browse our Recipes
Ideas, Recipes and more!
Check out the SchnucksCooks Magazine, now available online and in-stores!