SchnucksCooks.com - Tequila Lime Flank SteakPrep: 10 minutes plus marinating • Cook: 14 minutes • Serves: 6
- 3 limes
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup less-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Schnucks extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 teaspoons Schnucks crushed oregano
- 2 teaspoons Schnucks ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds Certified Angus Beef® flank steak
- From limes, grate 2 teaspoons peel and squeeze 1/2 cup juice; add to large zip-tight plastic bag. Add garlic, cilantro, soy sauce, oil, tequila, oregano, cumin and pepper. Seal bag; massage ingredients in bag to blend. Open bag and add flank steak; seal bag, pressing out excess air. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat grill pan 2 minutes over medium-high heat. With fork, remove steak from marinade and place in pan; discard marinade. Cook over medium heat 12 to 14 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145°F for medium-rare, turning once or twice. If desired, cover grill pan loosely with sheet of heavy-duty foil while cooking to help retain heat and reduce smoke.
Each serving: About 220 calories, 11 g total fat (3.5 g saturated), 50 mg cholesterol, 110 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Find Articles and Recipes
Become a Food Expert!
Where Food Meets Fun!
You're Such a Foodie!
Learn tips, tricks, and read articles directly from the SchnucksCooks team!
Browse our Recipes
Ideas, Recipes and more!
Check out the SchnucksCooks Magazine, now available online and in-stores!