SchnucksCooks.com - Roasted Apple & Fennel Pork ChopsPrep: 10 minutes • Roast: 25 minutes • Serves: 4
- 2 large Fuji, Braeburn and/or Granny Smith apples (about 8 ounces each), peeled, cored and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 large fennel bulb (about 12 ounces), trimmed and thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 large red onion, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons Schnucks canola oil, divided
- 4 boneless pork chops (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Schnucks apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, toss apples, fennel and onion with 1 tablespoon oil. Spread apple mixture in large rimmed baking pan. Roast 25 to 30 minutes or until tender and golden, stirring once halfway through roasting.
- About 15 minutes before vegetables are done, in grill pan, heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Place pork chops in pan and cook 5 to 6 minutes, turning once, or until internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Transfer pork chops and apple mixture to serving platter. Add vinegar into grill pan and stir to loosen any browned bits from bottom of pan; pour over pork and apple mixture.
Each serving: About 360 calories, 16 g total fat (3.5 g saturated), 95 mg cholesterol, 680 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Find Articles and Recipes
Become a Food Expert!
Where Food Meets Fun!
You're Such a Foodie!
Learn tips, tricks, and read articles directly from the SchnucksCooks team!
Browse our Recipes
Ideas, Recipes and more!
Check out the SchnucksCooks Magazine, now available online and in-stores!