SchnucksCooks.com - Spaghetti alla CarbonaraPrep: 20 minutes • Cook: 20 minutes • Serves: 6
- 1 box (16 ounces) Schnucks thin spaghetti
- 12 slices Schnucks bacon (about 3/4 pound), cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 package (4 ounces) pancetta, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons Schnucks unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups (1 pint) Schnucks heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup freshly shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh Italian parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to boiling over high heat. Add spaghetti; cook as label directs. Remove 1 cup cooking water from saucepot; set aside. In colander, drain spaghetti and return to saucepot.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove skillet from heat; with slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. Discard all but 2 tablespoons fat from skillet. Add pancetta to skillet and cook over medium-low heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove skillet from heat; with slotted spoon, transfer pancetta to paper towels to drain.
- In saucepot with spaghetti, melt butter over medium heat; add garlic and cook 2 minutes or until golden, stirring constantly. Stir in cream, pepper, 3/4 cup cheese and half of bacon and pancetta. Cook over low heat 2 minutes or until sauce thickens. Stir in just enough reserved cooking water, 1/4 cup at a time, to achieve saucy consistency.
- Transfer spaghetti to warm serving platter; sprinkle remaining bacon and pancetta over spaghetti. Top with parsley and remaining ? cup cheese to serve.
Find Articles and Recipes
Become a Food Expert!
Where Food Meets Fun!
You're Such a Foodie!
Learn tips, tricks, and read articles directly from the SchnucksCooks team!
Browse our Recipes
Ideas, Recipes and more!
Check out the SchnucksCooks Magazine, now available online and in-stores!