SchnucksCooks.com - Spinach TurnoversPrep: 15 minutes • Bake: 10 minutes • Serves: 6
- Schnucks nonstick cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons Schnucks extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 3/4 cup crumbled low-fat feta chees
- 1 package (10 ounces) Schnucks frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated thin-crust pizza dough
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray large cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until golden, stirring occasionally. Add spinach and stir until well combined. Remove skillet from heat; stir in feta, dill and pepper. Let filling stand at room temperature 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Unroll dough onto prepared pan. Cut dough into 6 equal squares. In center of dough squares, evenly divide spinach mixture. Fold 1 corner of dough over filling to the opposite corner to form a triangle. Press edges of dough to seal tightly. With sharp knife, cut 3 small slits in top of each turnover to allow steam to escape. Brush tops with beaten egg.
- Bake turnovers 10 to 12 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is hot. Serve turnovers warm.
Each serving: About 260 calories, 10g total fat (1g saturated), 10mg cholesterol, 560mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 11 g protein.
Find Articles and Recipes
Become a Food Expert!
Where Food Meets Fun!
You're Such a Foodie!
Learn tips, tricks, and read articles directly from the SchnucksCooks team!
Browse our Recipes
Ideas, Recipes and more!
Check out the SchnucksCooks Magazine, now available online and in-stores!