SchnucksCooks.com - Shrimp & Sausage SkewersPrep: 20 minutes • Grill: 6 minutes • Serves: 4
- 4 (12-inch) bamboo skewers
- 16 raw peeled and deveined 12-15 count shrimp, thawed if necessary
- 1 teaspoon Schnucks extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Schnucks Smokehouse smoked bratwursts (about 12 ounces)
- 1/2 cup Schnucks apple jelly
- 2 tablespoons Schnucks brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Place skewers in water to cover; let soak at least 15 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat or preheat broiler with rack 3 to 4 inches from source of heat.
- In small bowl, toss shrimp with oil to coat. Cut sausage into 16 slices. Thread tail of shrimp onto skewer, then 1 slice of sausage and then the other end of shrimp (so that shrimp curves around sausage). Repeat until 4 shrimp-and-sausage pairs are on each skewer.
- In small microwave-safe bowl, combine apple jelly, brown sugar and liquid smoke; heat in microwave oven on high 1 minute or until melted.
- Place skewers on hot grill rack or foil-lined broiler pan. Cook 4 to 6 minutes, turning once, or until shrimp start to turn pink. Brush apple jelly mixture on both sides of shrimp and cook 1 minute longer on each side or until shrimp turns opaque throughout and reaches an internal temperature of 145°F.
Each serving: About 500 calories, 25g total fat (6 g saturated), 275mg cholesterol, 960mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 33g protein.
Find Articles and Recipes
Become a Food Expert!
Where Food Meets Fun!
You're Such a Foodie!
Learn tips, tricks, and read articles directly from the SchnucksCooks team!
Browse our Recipes
Ideas, Recipes and more!
Check out the SchnucksCooks Magazine, now available online and in-stores!