SchnucksCooks.com - Coconut ShrimpPrep: 15 minutes • Cook: 15 minutes • Serves: 4
- 1/4 cup Schnucks all-purpose flour
- 2 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup Schnucks sweetened flaked coconu
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1/2 pounds raw peeled and deveined 36-40 count shrimp, thawed if necessary
- 1/2 cup Schnucks canola oil
- 1/2 cup Full Circle European apricot fruit spread
- 1/4 cup horseradish sauce
- Place flour on large plate. In pie plate or shallow bowl, lightly beat eggs and water. In second pie plate or shallow bowl, combine panko, coconut, salt and allspice.
- Dip each shrimp in flour, shaking off any excess. Dip into egg mixture allowing excess to drip off.
Finally, coat both sides of shrimp in coconut mixture. Repeat with remaining shrimp
- In 12-inch skillet, heat 1/4 cup oil. With tongs, add half of shrimp to skillet. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden and shrimp loses its pink color throughout. Drain shrimp on paper towels.
Remove skillet from heat; discard any leftover breading in skillet from the first batch. Add remaining 1/4 cup oil to skillet and heat until hot. Cook remaining shrimp.
- In small microwave bowl, combine apricot fruit spread and horseradish sauce. Heat in microwave oven on high 1 to 2 minutes, stirring once. Serve shrimp with sauce for dipping
Each serving: About 620 calories, 32g total fat (5g saturated), 280mg cholesterol, 730mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 29g protein.
Find Articles and Recipes
Become a Food Expert!
Where Food Meets Fun!
You're Such a Foodie!
Learn tips, tricks, and read articles directly from the SchnucksCooks team!
Browse our Recipes
Ideas, Recipes and more!
Check out the SchnucksCooks Magazine, now available online and in-stores!