SchnucksCooks.com - Egg CasserolePrep: 25 minutes plus cooling • Bake: 18 minutes • Serves: 8
- 3 tablespoons Schnucks unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Schnucks plain dry breadcrumbs
- 1 shallot, chopped (about 1 tablespoon)
- 12 ounces Deli sliced ham, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1-1/2 cups Schnucks frozen green peas (about 8 ounces), thawed
- 1 cup Schnucks sour cream
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons Schnucks all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Schnucks nonstick cooking spray
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 10 Schnucks large eggs, hard cooked, peeled and each cut lengthwise into 4 wedges
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In small microwave-safe bowl, heat 1 tablespoon butter in microwave oven on high 15 to 30 seconds or until melted. Add breadcrumbs and stir until moistened; set aside.
- In 12-inch skillet, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add shallot and cook 1 minute. Stir in ham, undiluted soup, pimientos, peas, sour cream, sherry, flour and salt. Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until mixture bubbles, stirring occasionally.
- Spray 2-quart or 11 x 7-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle water chestnuts in bottom of dish; arrange eggs in rows over water chestnuts. Top with ham mixture and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until breadcrumbs are golden brown and sauce bubbles around edge of dish.
Each serving: About 390 calories, 22 g total fat (10 g saturated), 340 mg cholesterol, 700 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Find Articles and Recipes
Become a Food Expert!
Where Food Meets Fun!
You're Such a Foodie!
Learn tips, tricks, and read articles directly from the SchnucksCooks team!
Browse our Recipes
Ideas, Recipes and more!
Check out the SchnucksCooks Magazine, now available online and in-stores!