SchnucksCooks.com - Fish SandwichActive Time: 15 minutes • Total Time: 25 minutes • Serves: 4
- Schnucks nonstick cooking spray
- 1 small lemon
- 1/4 cup Schnucks Select tartar sauce plus additional for serving
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1-1/4 pounds fresh tilapia fillets (about 3 fillets)
- 4 Schnucks Select Deli buns
- 2 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- prepared cole slaw (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray rimmed baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- From lemon, grate peel and squeeze 2 teaspoons juice into pie plate or wide, shallow bowl. Stir in tartar sauce. Spread breadcrumbs on plate. Coat both sides of tilapia with tartar sauce mixture, then place in breadcrumbs, turning to coat both sides and pressing lightly so they adhere. Place tilapia in prepared pan.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes until fish turns opaque throughout and internal temperature reaches 145°F. Meanwhile, toast buns. Divide tilapia evenly between buns; top with tomatoes and, if desired, additional tartar sauce and cole slaw.
Each serving: about 350 calories, 7 g total fat (2 g saturated), 75 mg cholesterol, 420 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 34 g protein
Find Articles and Recipes
Become a Food Expert!
Where Food Meets Fun!
You're Such a Foodie!
Learn tips, tricks, and read articles directly from the SchnucksCooks team!
Browse our Recipes
Ideas, Recipes and more!
Check out the SchnucksCooks Magazine, now available online and in-stores!