SchnucksCooks.com - BBQ Chicken SaladActive Time: 25 minutes • Total Time: 25 minutes plus marinating • Serves: 4
- 1/2 cup Schnucks barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup Schnucks cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Schnucks extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound Schnucks Natural boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bag (about 5 ounces) mixed salad greens
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- In small bowl, with fork, stir barbecue sauce, marmalade, vinegar and oil until well blended. Pour 1/2 cup barbecue dressing into large zip-tight plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag, pressing out excess air; massage ingredients in bag to combine. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to overnight to marinate. Cover and refrigerate remaining dressing to use later.
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat or preheat grill pan over medium heat 2 minutes. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Cook chicken 12 to 14 minutes or until chicken loses its pink color throughout and reaches an internal temperature of 165°F, turning once halfway through cooking. Transfer chicken to cutting board; let stand 5 minutes. Thinly slice chicken across the grain.
- While chicken stands, in large bowl, add salad greens, mango and onion. Stir reserved refrigerated dressing, then pour over greens. Toss until well coated with dressing. Arrange salad on dinner plates; top with chicken to serve.
Each serving: about 280 calories, 10 g total fat (2 g saturated), 65 mg cholesterol, 260 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein
Find Articles and Recipes
Become a Food Expert!
Where Food Meets Fun!
You're Such a Foodie!
Learn tips, tricks, and read articles directly from the SchnucksCooks team!
Browse our Recipes
Ideas, Recipes and more!
Check out the SchnucksCooks Magazine, now available online and in-stores!