SchnucksCooks.com - Apple Cider-Glazed SpareribsActive Time: 20 minutes • Total Time: 3 hours 20 minutes • Serves: 6 to 8
- 2 slabs (3 to 5 pounds each) Pride of the Farm pork spareribs with tip
- 1/4 cup all-purpose rub or Kansas City style steak seasoning
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Schnucks brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons Schnucks apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut 3 long sheets (about 30 x 18 inches each) heavy duty aluminum foil. Set aside 1 sheet to use later. Place remaining 2 sheets on extra-large rimmed baking pan to make a double thickness. Place ribs in center of foil, overlapping racks slightly with meat facing up and ribs facing down. Rub both sides of ribs with rub. Place reserved sheet of foil over ribs; fold edges together several times to seal tightly. Bake ribs 2 hours 45 minutes.
- About 15 minutes before ribs are done, in small saucepan, stir apple cider, cornstarch, brown sugar, mustard and vinegar until cornstarch dissolves; heat to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Boil 1 minute.
- Remove ribs from oven. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat. Or, if desired, place oven rack about 6 inches from source of broiler heat. Turn on broiler. Carefully open foil packet, pulling back foil to expose ribs. Transfer ribs to rimmed baking pan, or drain off any liquid in pan. Turn ribs so that tips face up; brush each rack of ribs with about 1/4 cup apple glaze. Place ribs on grill and cook 12 to 16 minutes, turning ribs occasionally and brushing often with glaze. Or, broil, about 6 inches from source of heat, 7 to 9 minutes or until sauce bubbles and browns. Turn racks and brush with remaining glaze. Broil 7 to 9 minutes longer. Cut ribs into 1-rib portions and serve on warm platter.
Find Articles and Recipes
Become a Food Expert!
Where Food Meets Fun!
You're Such a Foodie!
Learn tips, tricks, and read articles directly from the SchnucksCooks team!
Browse our Recipes
Ideas, Recipes and more!
Check out the SchnucksCooks Magazine, now available online and in-stores!