SchnucksCooks.com - Grilled Chili DogsActive Time: 15 minutes • Total Time: 45 minutes • Serves: 6
- 1 pound Meat Masters ground chuck
- 1 large onion, finely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 can (15 ounces) Schnucks small red beans
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) Schnucks chili style diced tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) Schnucks traditional tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Texas red chili seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeño chile pepper
- 6 Schnucks Select stadium hot dogs
- 6 Schnucks frankfurter buns
- 3/4 cup Schnucks finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- In 2- to 2-1/2-quart saucepan, cook ground chuck with 1 cup onion over medium-high heat until browned, breaking up meat with side of spoon. Drain as much fat as possible from beef.
- Stir in undrained beans, undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, water, chili seasoning and dried jalapeño; heat to boiling over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, 30 to 40 minutes or until very thick, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill pan over medium-high heat 2 minutes or prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Cook hot dogs 6 to 7 minutes or until heated through, turning to brown all sides. Serve each dog in bun topped with 1/4 cup chili, 2 tablespoons cheese and 2 tablespoons remaining onion.
Each serving: about 380 calories, 20 g total fat (8 g saturated), 40 mg cholesterol, 1050 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Find Articles and Recipes
Become a Food Expert!
Where Food Meets Fun!
You're Such a Foodie!
Learn tips, tricks, and read articles directly from the SchnucksCooks team!
Browse our Recipes
Ideas, Recipes and more!
Check out the SchnucksCooks Magazine, now available online and in-stores!