SchnucksCooks.com - Tortellini with Bacon & PeasActive Time: 20 minutes • Total Time: 25 minutes • Serves: 4
- 1 package (20 ounces) frozen Louisa® cheese tortellini
- 4 slices Schnucks hardwood smoked bacon
- 1 package (8 ounces) Schnucks white mushrooms, cut into fourths or eighths, if large
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup frozen Schnucks green peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup Schnucks whipping cream
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Heat 4- to 5-quart saucepot of salted water to boiling over high heat. Add frozen tortellini and cook as label directs. Reserve about 1 cup pasta cooking water. Drain tortellini, then return to same saucepot.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, cook bacon over medium heat 7 to 8 minutes or until crisp, turning occasionally. Remove skillet from heat. Transfer bacon to plate lined with paper towel. When cool enough to handle, crumble bacon.
- Discard all but 2 tablespoons bacon drippings in pan; add mushrooms and onion and cook over medium heat 9 to 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add wine; boil 1 minute, stirring to loosen brown bits from bottom of pan. Stir in peas, cream, cheese, pepper and crumbled bacon and heat to boiling, stirring frequently. Remove skillet from heat.
- Pour cream sauce over pasta in saucepot and toss until evenly coated. If desired, add some reserved pasta water to make a thinner sauce. Makes about 6 cups pasta.
Each serving: about 560 calories, 17 g total fat (8 g saturated), 75 mg cholesterol, 820 mg sodium, 76 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 28 g protein
Find Articles and Recipes
Become a Food Expert!
Where Food Meets Fun!
You're Such a Foodie!
Learn tips, tricks, and read articles directly from the SchnucksCooks team!
Browse our Recipes
Ideas, Recipes and more!
Check out the SchnucksCooks Magazine, now available online and in-stores!