SchnucksCooks.com - Mongolian BeefActive Time: 30 minutes • Total Time: 30 minutes • Serves: 4
- 1 pound beef flank steak, thinly sliced across the grain
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Schnucks vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon refrigerated garlic blend
- 1 tablespoon refrigerated ginger spice blend
- 2/3 cup packed Schnucks dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup less-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 green onions, cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- In medium bowl, toss steak with cornstarch; let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over high heat. Add beef and cook 2 minutes or until beef browns on the outside and is still pink in center, stirring constantly. Transfer beef to plate; keep warm.
- In same skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add garlic and ginger and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add brown sugar, soy sauce and water; heat to boiling, stirring to dissolve brown sugar. Boil 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Stir green onions, beef and any juices on plate into sauce; cook 1 minute to heat through.
Each serving: about 460 calories, 14 g total fat (4 g saturated), 50 mg cholesterol, 960 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 34 g protein
Find Articles and Recipes
Become a Food Expert!
Where Food Meets Fun!
You're Such a Foodie!
Learn tips, tricks, and read articles directly from the SchnucksCooks team!
Browse our Recipes
Ideas, Recipes and more!
Check out the SchnucksCooks Magazine, now available online and in-stores!