SchnucksCooks.com - Ginger Pork Fried RiceActive Time: 45 minutes • Total Time: 45 minutes • Serves: 4
- 8 ounces Schnucks mild pork sausage
- 6 teaspoons Schnucks canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Schnucks crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 piece (3 inches) fresh ginger, peeled and cut into thin slivers
- 4 ounces green beans, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 Schnucks large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 bags (10 ounces each) frozen cooked rice, thawed
- 3 tablespoons less-sodium soy sauce
- In nonstick 12-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes or until browned, breaking up sausage with side of a spoon. With slotted spoon, transfer sausage to medium bowl.
- In same skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add crushed red pepper and cook 15 seconds, stirring constantly. Add garlic, onion and ginger and cook 6 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring frequently. Transfer onion mixture to bowl with sausage.
- Add 2 teaspoons oil to same skillet. Add green beans and carrots and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp, stirring frequently; transfer to bowl with sausage.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in skillet. Add eggs and cook 1 minute or until scrambled, stirring constantly. Add rice and soy sauce and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through. Return sausage and vegetables with any juices in bowl to skillet. Cook 2 minutes or until heated through, stirring to combine.
Each serving: about 480 calories, 26 g total fat (7 g saturated), 155 mg cholesterol, 780 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 19 g protein
Find Articles and Recipes
Become a Food Expert!
Where Food Meets Fun!
You're Such a Foodie!
Learn tips, tricks, and read articles directly from the SchnucksCooks team!
Browse our Recipes
Ideas, Recipes and more!
Check out the SchnucksCooks Magazine, now available online and in-stores!