SchnucksCooks.com - Low-fat Oven-Fried FishActive Time: 10 minutes • Total Time: 20 minutes • Serves: 4
- Schnucks nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup Schnucks all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Schnucks garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Schnucks large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 cups corn flakes, crushed to 2 cups
- 4 pieces cod fillet (about 6 ounces each), thawed, if necessary
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray large rimmed baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. In pie plate or shallow bowl, mix flour, onion and garlic powders, salt and pepper until well combined. In second pie plate, with whisk, beat egg with milk. On plate, spread corn flakes.
- Dredge 1 fish fillet in flour mixture, shaking off any excess. Dip fillet into milk mixture, turning to coat both sides. Place fillet in corn flakes, turning to coat all sides and pressing lightly so they adhere. Place fish on prepared baking pan. Repeat with remaining fillets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned on the outside, fish turns opaque throughout and internal temperature reaches 145°F.
Each Serving: about 310 calories, 3 g total fat (1 g saturated), 120 mg cholesterol, 610 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein
Find Articles and Recipes
Become a Food Expert!
Where Food Meets Fun!
You're Such a Foodie!
Learn tips, tricks, and read articles directly from the SchnucksCooks team!
Browse our Recipes
Ideas, Recipes and more!
Check out the SchnucksCooks Magazine, now available online and in-stores!