SchnucksCooks.com - Swiss Chicken LinguineActive Time: 25 minutes • Total Time: 45 minutes • Serves: 4
- 1/2 (16-ounce) package linguine pasta
- 2 tablespoons Schnucks olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Schnucks unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Schnucks Natural boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound), cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini (about 8 ounces), cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Schnucks crushed oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 package (1 pint) grape tomatoes, each cut lengthwise in half
- 1 package (6 ounces) Schnucks shredded Swiss cheese (1-1/2 cups), divided
- Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to boiling over high heat. Add pasta and cook as label directs; drain, then return to same saucepot.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, heat oil and butter over medium heat until butter melts. Add onion and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until tender and golden, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and chicken and cook 5 to 6 minutes or until chicken loses its pink color throughout and internal temperature reaches 165ºF, stirring frequently.
- Stir in zucchini, salt, oregano, basil and pepper and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until zucchini is tender-crisp. Stir in tomatoes and cook until heated through. Remove skillet from heat. Add 3/4 cup cheese and stir until cheese melts. Add chicken mixture to pasta. Serve pasta in warm pasta bowls; sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese. Makes about 5 cups.
Each serving: about 710 calories, 30 g total fat (14 g saturated), 150 mg cholesterol, 760 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 57 g protein
Find Articles and Recipes
Become a Food Expert!
Where Food Meets Fun!
You're Such a Foodie!
Learn tips, tricks, and read articles directly from the SchnucksCooks team!
Browse our Recipes
Ideas, Recipes and more!
Check out the SchnucksCooks Magazine, now available online and in-stores!