SchnucksCooks.com - Creepy Cauldron of Witches ChiliActive Time: 40 minutes • Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes • Serves: 10 ghosts, goblins or wizards
- 2 pounds ground ghoul gizzards (Certified Angus Beef® ground chuck)
- 1 pound eye of newt (white onion), chopped
- 1 zombie brain (green bell pepper), diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh vampire teeth (3 medium garlic cloves)
- 2 teaspoons ground werewolf claws (ground ancho chili peppers or paprika)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried hemlock (Schnucks crushed oregano)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mummy bones (Schnucks ground cinnamon)
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) petite diced heart of Frankenstein (Schnucks petite diced tomatoes with green chiles)
- 1 can (15 ounces) witches warts in graveyard sludge (Full Circle black beans in spicy sauce)
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) soft-shelled toad eggs (hot or mild chili beans)
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) stagnant lizard bile (beer or one 14-ounce can less-sodium beef broth)
- bat brains or maggot teeth (elbow macaroni or white rice), optional
- ghost slime, chopped witch-hazel blossoms, shredded ear wax and/or chopped grasshopper wings (sour cream, chopped cilantro leaves, shredded Cheddar cheese and/or chopped green onions, optional)
- In 6- to 8-quart saucepot, cook ground chuck, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium-high heat 20 minutes or until meat browns and onion is very tender, breaking up meat with side of spoon; drain beef mixture and return to saucepot.
- Add ground ancho chili, oregano and cinnamon and cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes with their juice, undrained beans and beer; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, uncovered, 45 to 50 minutes or until chili becomes thick, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, prepare pasta or rice as label directs, if desired.
- To serve, spoon chili into deep bowls over pasta or rice, if using. Serve with sour cream, cilantro, cheese and/or green onions if desired. Makes about 10 cups.
Each serving: about 220 calories, 4.5 g total fat (2 g saturated), 50 mg cholesterol, 300 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 23 g protein
Find Articles and Recipes
Become a Food Expert!
Where Food Meets Fun!
You're Such a Foodie!
Learn tips, tricks, and read articles directly from the SchnucksCooks team!
Browse our Recipes
Ideas, Recipes and more!
Check out the SchnucksCooks Magazine, now available online and in-stores!