SchnucksCooks.com - Tropical Chicken SaladPrep: 20 minutes • Cook 3 minutes • Serves: 4
- 1 package (2.25 ounces) pecan chips (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup Schnucks mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large celery ribs, diced (1-1/2 cups)
- 1 package (9 ounces) precooked carved chicken, coarsely chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) chunk pineapple, well drained
- 1 cup green or red grapes, each cut in half
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 4 whole wheat pita breads
- In small skillet, cook pecans over medium-low heat 3 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant. Transfer pecans to plate to cool.
- In large bowl, stir mayonnaise, sour cream, curry powder, salt and pepper. Add remaining ingredients and pecans and stir until well combined. Makes about 4-1/2 cups.
- If desired, toast pitas. Cut each pita in half; fill halves with about 1/2 cup chicken salad.
Each serving: about 610 calories, 38 g total fat (6 g saturated), 45 mg cholesterol, 1360 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 16 g protein
Find Articles and Recipes
Become a Food Expert!
Where Food Meets Fun!
You're Such a Foodie!
Learn tips, tricks, and read articles directly from the SchnucksCooks team!
Browse our Recipes
Ideas, Recipes and more!
Check out the SchnucksCooks Magazine, now available online and in-stores!