SchnucksCooks.com - Sausage Chile Cheese QuichePrep: 10 minutes • Bake: 42 minutes • Serves: 6
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, at room temperature
- 3 Schnucks large eggs
- 2/3 cup Schnucks whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups Schnucks finely shredded Cheddar Jack cheese, divided
- 1 can (10 ounces) Schnucks mild or original diced tomatoes with green chiles, well-drained
- 1 package (9.6 ounces) hearty sausage crumbles
- 1 firm-ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place cookie sheet in oven while oven preheats. Place pie crust in glass or ceramic 9-1/2-inch deep-dish pie plate; crimp dough to make decorative edge. With fork, prick bottom and side of crust at 1-inch intervals. Place pie crust on preheated cookie sheet and bake 10 to 12 minutes or until crust puffs slightly. Cool pie crust on wire rack 10 minutes. Leave cookie sheet in hot oven.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, with whisk, lightly beat eggs; stir in cream and salt. Spread 1 cup cheese on bottom of cooled pie crust; top with canned diced tomatoes and sausage. Pour egg mixture over sausage. Place pie plate on same cookie sheet and bake 30 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean and center is set. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese on top of quiche; bake 2 minutes longer. Let stand 5 minutes; sprinkle with avocado and fresh tomato. Cut into wedges to serve.
about 600 calories, 47 g total fat (22 g saturated), 210 mg cholesterol, 1040 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein
Find Articles and Recipes
Become a Food Expert!
Where Food Meets Fun!
You're Such a Foodie!
Learn tips, tricks, and read articles directly from the SchnucksCooks team!
Browse our Recipes
Ideas, Recipes and more!
Check out the SchnucksCooks Magazine, now available online and in-stores!