SchnucksCooks.com - Bayou ShrimpPrep Time: 10 minutes • Cook Time: 25 minutes • Serves: 4
- 2 tablespoons Schnucks olive oil
- 1 jumbo onion (about 1 pound), cut in half, then thinly sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 large zucchini (about 10 ounces each), each cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 4 cups)
- 1 pound raw peeled and deveined 21-25 count shrimp, thawed if necessary
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 Roma tomatoes (about 1-1/4 pounds), cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and cook 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic; cook 4 to 5 minutes. Add zucchini and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Toss shrimp into zucchini mixture; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in Cajun seasoning and salt, then add tomatoes and thyme. Cook about 2 minutes longer or just until tomatoes are heated through and shrimp turn opaque throughout and reach an internal temperature of 145°F.
Each serving: about 230 calories, 9 g total fat (1.5 g saturated), 170 mg cholesterol, 850 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 22 g protein
Find Articles and Recipes
Become a Food Expert!
Where Food Meets Fun!
You're Such a Foodie!
Learn tips, tricks, and read articles directly from the SchnucksCooks team!
Browse our Recipes
Ideas, Recipes and more!
Check out the SchnucksCooks Magazine, now available online and in-stores!