SchnucksCooks.com - Asparagus Chicken RouladesPrep: 15 minutes • Cook: 13 minutes • Serves: 4
- 1 small lemon
- 1 package (4 ounces) sun-dried tomato and basil goat cheese
- 1/2 cup packed Full Circle fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 package Schnucks Natural thin sliced boneless, skinless chicken breast fillets (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus (preferably thin spears), trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Culinaria table grind black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Culinaria Arbequina extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup less-sodium chicken broth
- From lemon grate 1/2 teaspoon peel and squeeze 1 tablespoon juice. In small bowl, stir goat cheese, basil and lemon peel until well mixed.
- Spread goat cheese mixture on bottom side (rough side) of chicken breasts. Place 2 to 3 asparagus spears across chicken breast and roll, overlapping ends of chicken slightly; secure ends with wooden pick. Sprinkle roulades with salt and pepper.
- In nonstick 12 inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add roulades and cook, covered, 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown, chicken loses its pink color throughout and internal temperature reaches 165°F, turning roulades occasionally to brown all sides. Transfer roulades to serving platter; remove wooden picks. Cover to keep warm.
- Into same skillet, add broth and lemon juice; heat to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring to loosen brown bits from bottom of pan. Boil until sauce reduces to desired thickness. Drizzle sauce over chicken to serve.
Each serving: About 310 calories, 16 g total fat (7 g saturated), 100 mg cholesterol, 390 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Find Articles and Recipes
Become a Food Expert!
Where Food Meets Fun!
You're Such a Foodie!
Learn tips, tricks, and read articles directly from the SchnucksCooks team!
Browse our Recipes
Ideas, Recipes and more!
Check out the SchnucksCooks Magazine, now available online and in-stores!