SchnucksCooks.com - Grilled Horseradish Reuben SandwichPrep: 15 minutes • Cook: 6 minutes • Serves: 4
- 8 slices hearty rye bread
- 1/2 cup Robert Rothschild Farm onion blossom horseradish dip
- 1 pound Schnucks Select top round corned beef, thinly sliced
- 2 cups Flanagan™ Krrrrisp Kraut® Bavarian style barrel cured sauerkraut, drained and squeezed dry, then fluffed with fork
- 8 slices Schnucks Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons Schnucks unsalted butter (softened), divided
- Place 4 slices of bread on work surface; spread 1 tablespoon onion spread on 1 side of bread. Layer each bread slice with corned beef gathered slightly into bunches, sauerkraut and 2 slices cheese. Spread 1 more tablespoon onion spread on 1 side of remaining 4 slices of bread. Place bread, with onion spread facing down, over cheese. Lightly spread 1 tablespoon butter on top of sandwiches.
- Preheat griddle or large nonstick skillet over medium heat. In batches, if necessary, place sandwiches, butter side down, on griddle and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until bottom turns golden brown. While sandwiches cook, spread remaining 1 tablespoon butter on top side of bread.
- With spatula, carefully turn sandwiches and cook 3 to 4 minutes longer or until bottom browns and cheese melts. Cut each sandwich in half to serve.
Each serving: About 650 calories, 33 g total fat (13 g saturated), 155 mg cholesterol, 2380 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 39 g protein.
Find Articles and Recipes
Become a Food Expert!
Where Food Meets Fun!
You're Such a Foodie!
Learn tips, tricks, and read articles directly from the SchnucksCooks team!
Browse our Recipes
Ideas, Recipes and more!
Check out the SchnucksCooks Magazine, now available online and in-stores!