SchnucksCooks.com - Whipped Roasted Garlic & Fig Sweet PotatoesPrep: 20 minutes plus cooling • Bake: 13 minutes • Serves: 6
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes (about 6 medium)
- 4 tablespoons Schnucks unsalted butter, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Schnucks half & half
- 4 tablespoons Robert Rothschild Farms roasted garlic & fig spread, divided
- 1 package (2.25 ounces) chopped pecans (1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Pierce unpeeled potatoes with fork or paring knife 2 or 3 times. Cook potatoes in microwave oven on high 14 to 17 minutes or until easily pierced with fork.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut potatoes in half; scoop flesh into large mixing bowl, discarding skin. Add butter and salt and stir until butter melts. With hand mixer, beat potatoes until almost smooth. Stir in half & half and 3 tablespoons garlic & fig spread. Spread potato mixture into 1- to 1-1/2-quart glass or ceramic baking dish.
- In small bowl, mix remaining 1 tablespoon garlic & fig spread with pecans and brown sugar; sprinkle evenly over potatoes. Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until top is lightly browned and edges bubble.
Each serving: About 330 calories, 14 g total fat (5 g saturated), 20 mg cholesterol, 300 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Find Articles and Recipes
Become a Food Expert!
Where Food Meets Fun!
You're Such a Foodie!
Learn tips, tricks, and read articles directly from the SchnucksCooks team!
Browse our Recipes
Ideas, Recipes and more!
Check out the SchnucksCooks Magazine, now available online and in-stores!