SchnucksCooks.com - Swordfish with Brown Butter & Red Pepper SaucePrep: 25 minutes • Bake: 20 minutes • Serves: 4
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup Schnucks extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Schnucks crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup fresh Italian parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 4 frozen swordfish steaks (thawed), skin removed
- 6 tablespoons Schnucks unsalted butter
- 1 jar (15 ounces) roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
- 1/4 cup capers, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Schnucks balsamic vinegar
- Cut 6 garlic cloves into thick slices; set aside. Mince remaining garlic and transfer to small bowl. Stir in oil, lemon juice, black pepper, crushed red pepper and half of parsley. Place swordfish in large zip-tight plastic bag; pour marinade over swordfish, turning bag to coat swordfish. Set aside.
- In 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat until it begins to bubble. Reduce heat to low and cook 2 minutes or until butter begins to turn golden brown. Add sliced garlic and cook 2 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Add red peppers and capers and stir until heated through. Remove pan from heat.
- Preheat grill pan over medium-high heat 2 minutes. Remove swordfish from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle swordfish with salt. Place swordfish in grill pan and cook 10 minutes, turning once, or just until opaque throughout and internal temperature reaches 145°F. Transfer swordfish to warm serving platter.
- Stir vinegar and remaining parsley into pepper sauce. Spread sauce over swordfish to serve.
Each serving: About 540 calories, 42g total fat (15g saturated), 95mg cholesterol, 730mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 29g protein.
Find Articles and Recipes
Become a Food Expert!
Where Food Meets Fun!
You're Such a Foodie!
Learn tips, tricks, and read articles directly from the SchnucksCooks team!
Browse our Recipes
Ideas, Recipes and more!
Check out the SchnucksCooks Magazine, now available online and in-stores!