SchnucksCooks.com - Pasta PrimaveraPrep: 20 minutes • Cook: 25 minutes • Serves: 6
- 1 box (16 ounces) campanelle pasta
- 1 lemon
- 6 ounces broccoli crowns
- 4 tablespoons Schnucks butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 small onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 bag (8 ounces) sugar snap peas
- 8 ounces asparagus, cut diagonally into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup carrot chips
- 2 cups (1 pint) Schnucks heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup freshly shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh Italian parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to boiling over high heat. Add pasta and cook as label directs.
- Meanwhile, grate peel from lemon. Trim broccoli crowns into florets; cut stem crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices. In 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add sugar snap peas, asparagus, carrots and broccoli and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until tender-crisp, stirring frequently.
- In colander, drain pasta. Return pasta to saucepot. Add cream, salt, crushed red pepper, grated lemon peel and vegetable mixture; gently stir to combine
- Remove saucepot from heat. Set aside 1/4 cup cheese and 1/4 cup parsley; add remaining cheese and parsley to pasta and toss to combine. Transfer pasta to large warm serving bowl or platter; sprinkle with remaining cheese and parsley to serve.
Find Articles and Recipes
Become a Food Expert!
Where Food Meets Fun!
You're Such a Foodie!
Learn tips, tricks, and read articles directly from the SchnucksCooks team!
Browse our Recipes
Ideas, Recipes and more!
Check out the SchnucksCooks Magazine, now available online and in-stores!