SchnucksCooks.com - Gorgonzola Stuffed PorkPrep: 20 minutes • Roast: 25 minutes • Serves: 8
- 2 tablespoons Schnucks extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 container (8 ounces) white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 container (6 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1-1/2 cups Schnucks plain dried bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Italian flat-leaf parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Schnucks hot sauce
- 6 tablespoons Great Lakes Gourmet original Zip-it™ Steak Sauce, divided
- 1 twin pack pork tenderloins (about 2 pounds), trimmed
- 4 tablespoons Schnucks unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 F. In oven-safe 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add mushrooms and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Remove skillet from heat. Add cheese, bread crumbs, parsley, hot sauce and 2 tablespoons steak sauce and stir until bread crumbs are moist.
- Cut deep slit lengthwise down tenderloins, beginning and ending 1/2 inch from each end. Spoon bread crumb mixture in slit in tenderloins. With kitchen strings, tie tenderloins at 3-inch intervals.
- Clean same 12-inch skillet; add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add tenderloins and cook 2 minutes on each side to brown. Place skillet in oven and roast 25 to 30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145°F. Transfer tenderloins to cutting board and let stand 5 minutes. Remove kitchen strings. Cut tenderloins into 11/2-inch-thick slices.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, heat remaining 4 tablespoons steak sauce with butter as label directs. Drizzle sauce over meat or serve on the side for dipping.
Each serving: About 420 calories, 23 g total fat (11 g saturated), 110 mg cholesterol, 570 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Find Articles and Recipes
Become a Food Expert!
Where Food Meets Fun!
You're Such a Foodie!
Learn tips, tricks, and read articles directly from the SchnucksCooks team!
Browse our Recipes
Ideas, Recipes and more!
Check out the SchnucksCooks Magazine, now available online and in-stores!