SchnucksCooks.com - Johnny's CasserolePrep: 25 minutes • Bake: 25 minutes • Serves: 6
- 4-1/2 cups Schnucks extra wide egg noodles (8 ounces)
- 1-1/2 pounds Schnucks fresh ground sweet Italian pork sausage
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) Schnucks diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, drained
- 1 can (12 ounces) Schnucks tomato paste
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 8 Schnucks saltine crackers, coarsely crushed
- 1/3 cup Schnucks finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare noodles as label directs; drain.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat until browned, breaking up meat with side of spoon into small chunks. Add onion and bell pepper. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain sausage mixture.
- In large bowl, mix tomatoes, tomato paste and undiluted soup until well blended. Add sausage mixture and noodles and gently stir until well combined. Pour sausage mixture into shallow 2-quart or 11 x 7-inch baking dish; sprinkle with crackers and Parmesan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until top is golden and internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Each serving: About 500 calories, 22 g total fat (7 g saturated), 65 mg cholesterol, 1350 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Find Articles and Recipes
Become a Food Expert!
Where Food Meets Fun!
You're Such a Foodie!
Learn tips, tricks, and read articles directly from the SchnucksCooks team!
Browse our Recipes
Ideas, Recipes and more!
Check out the SchnucksCooks Magazine, now available online and in-stores!