SchnucksCooks.com - Tangerine Beef Stir-FryPrep: 25 minutes • Cook: 10 minutes • Serves: 4
- 3 large tangerines (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 piece fresh ginger (about 1 inch), peeled and finely grated (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons less-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Schnucks canola oil
- 1 pound beef flank steak, sliced across the grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 bag (16 ounces) Schnucks frozen vegetable stir-fry
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- Salt and ground black pepper (optional)
- From 1 tangerine, with vegetable peeler, remove peel, being careful to remove just the orange part of peel. Slice peel into very thin strips. You should have about 1/4 cup. Into 1 cup liquid measuring cup, squeeze 3/4 cup juice from tangerines; stir in ginger, sherry, cornstarch, hoisin and soy sauce.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Add frozen vegetables, bell pepper and sliced tangerine strips; cover and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Stir cornstarch mixture, then pour into skillet; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens, stirring frequently. Stir in salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
Each serving: About 330 calories, 14 g total fat (3.5 g saturated), 50 mg cholesterol, 370 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Find Articles and Recipes
Become a Food Expert!
Where Food Meets Fun!
You're Such a Foodie!
Learn tips, tricks, and read articles directly from the SchnucksCooks team!
Browse our Recipes
Ideas, Recipes and more!
Check out the SchnucksCooks Magazine, now available online and in-stores!