How to Make Granita
- ½ small seedless watermelon (about 5 pounds), rind removed and watermelon cut into chunks (about 6 cups)
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup Schnucks granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons grenadine
- 1. In blender or food processor with knife blade attached, add half of watermelon and remaining ingredients. Purée until blended. Add remaining watermelon and purée until as smooth as possible.
- 2. Pour watermelon mixture in 13 x 9-inch metal, glass or ceramic baking pan. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until mixture is solid, about 4 hours, or up to 1 week ahead.
- 3. Before serving, working quickly, with sturdy dinner fork, scrape surface of watermelon ice to create ice shavings. If chunks become dislodged from side of pan, press down on chunks with tines of fork to crush. Serve right away, spooning granita into chilled dessert dishes or wine goblets.
Each ⅔ cup: about 50 calories, 0 g total fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein
Find Articles and Recipes
Become a Food Expert!
Where Food Meets Fun!
You're Such a Foodie!
Learn tips, tricks, and read articles directly from the SchnucksCooks team!
Browse our Recipes
Ideas, Recipes and more!
Check out the SchnucksCooks Magazine, now available online and in-stores!