Preparing Rhubarb Crisp
- 1-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons Schnucks all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup packed Schnucks light brown sugar, divided
- 1 cup Schnucks granulated sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons Schnucks ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup Schnucks old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup Schnucks unsalted butter (2 sticks), cut into small pieces
- 2-1/2 pounds fresh rhubarb, any leaves and coarse fibers removed and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces (about 8 cups)
- Schnucks Select vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, with whisk, stir 1-1/2 cups flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon salt until well mixed. Add oats and whisk to combine. With fingertips or pastry blender, cut in butter until pea-sized crumbs form.
- In large bowl, stir rhubarb with remaining 2 tablespoons flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon salt until well combined. Spread rhubarb mixture evenly in 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish. Sprinkle oat mixture evenly over rhubarb mixture. Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until top is golden brown; let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.
Each serving: about 559 calories, 24 g total fat (15 g saturated), 62 mg cholesterol, 153 mg sodium, 83 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein
Find Articles and Recipes
Become a Food Expert!
Where Food Meets Fun!
You're Such a Foodie!
Learn tips, tricks, and read articles directly from the SchnucksCooks team!
Browse our Recipes
Ideas, Recipes and more!
Check out the SchnucksCooks Magazine, now available online and in-stores!